To be considered for admission to a graduate program at KU, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with undergraduate degree requirements similar to those of the University of Kansas. Additionally, applicants must have at least a 3.0 grade-point average (on a scale in which A= 4.0) in their bachelor’s degree in order to be regularly admitted. An applicant with less than a 3.0 grade-point average in their bachelor’s degree may still be considered for graduate study, but must be admitted provisionally. For additional information on university admission requirements please visit KU’s Admission to Graduate Study policy.
If you would like to learn more about the Interagency Studies Program and/or the admission requirements, please contact the Graduate Academic Advisor, Alyssa McDonald: email@example.com, phone: (785) 864-9814
All application materials must be received before your application for admission can be evaluated. A completed application consists of the following:
- A KU Graduate Application submitted online. There is no fee for submitted an application to the Global Interagency program.
- Official Transcript(s)- An official transcript sent directly from your degree-granting undergraduate institution (If you transferred in significant coursework from another institution toward your undergraduate degree, you will want to submit a transcript from that institution as well.) If you have earned any graduate degrees, you will need to submit an official transcript from that university, also. Official copies of these transcripts must be sent directly to the GIST program: University of Kansas, Center for Global & International Studies, GIST MA- Interagency Studies Applications, Bailey Hall Room 201, 1440 Jayhawk Blvd., Lawrence, KS 66045. Once we receive your transcript we will upload it to your application.
- Officer Record Brief or Resume
- Current GRE Scores or the last three copies of your Officer Evaluation Report. Please remove/redact any personally identifiable information from the OERs.
- Statement of Purpose- 500-1000 words describing your academic qualifications and how the Interagency Studies track of the M.A. in Global & International Studies will help you meet your academic and professional goals.